The organ of the Cathedral is one of Calgary's most historic instruments. It was built by the renowned firm Casavant Freres and installed in 1906. It was significantly enlarged and overhauled in 1937 and again in 1955.

In 2002, the Calgary Universal Foundation for the Organ generously provided funds for the complete restoration of the instrument, including the replacement of the electro-pneumatic combination system with a solid state switching system and solid state logic combination system of 128 levels of memory. The present instrument consists of 39 stops over three manuals and pedal.

Organ Specifications

Swell

Lieblich Bourdon 16'
Open Diapason 8'
Stopped Diapason 8'
Viola da Gamba 8'
Voix Celeste 8'
Violina 4'
Flauto Traverso 4'
Piccolo 2'
Plein Jeu IV
Double Trumpet 16'
Trumpet 8'
Clarion 4'
Tremulant

Pedal

Pedal Bourdon 32' (resultant)
Contra Bass 16'
Bourdon 16'
Echo Bourdon (Swell) 16'
Cello 8'
Stopped Flute 8'
Choralbass 4'
Trombone 16'
Double Trumpet (Swell) 16'

Great

Quintation 16'
Diapason 8'
Bourdon 8'
Gemshorn 8'
Octave 4'
Chimney Flute 4'
Twelfth 2 2/3'
Fifteenth 2'
Seventeenth 1 3/5'
Mixture IV
Trumpet 8'

Choir

Cor de Nuit 8'
Dulciana 8'
Koppelflöte 4'
Blockflöte 2'
Larigot 1 1/3'
Orchestral Oboe 8'
Trumpet (Great) 8'
Tremulant