Pastoral Care is the broad inclusive ministry of mutual healing and growth within our congregation and its community throughout its life. As it is important that our 'family members' are remembered by the church family with love, our mandate is to undertake the Ministry of Presence to those in need of healing, compassion and understanding.
Pastoral Care is open to all parishioners in various stages of life. Areas of care include:
- Welcoming newcomers to the parish
- Short-term and long term hospital visits
- Visits to parishioners in extended care homes
- Cards for weddings, baptisms, confirmations, and funerals
- Christmas baskets and Easter flower deliveries
- Home Communion
- Home Prayer
- Workshops/discussions on various areas of pastoral care (open to all)
Volunteers are encouraged to make at least one visit per month.
Listening skills; a nonjudgmental and compassionate nature; emotional and spiritual maturity; self confidence.